Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Objects (1/6)

(This is part of the larger post below entitled "Objects")

So here are my favorite objects. There are in no particular order. I've chosen six of them. I'll update with better photos if I ever take any.

This is my red jacket. Many of you have seen me wearing it. I like it because it goes with just about everything I own. It has also accompanied me everywhere important I've been in the last several years. When it's not on me, I usually keep it draped over the back of my computer chair at school. It's the only piece of clothing I own that gets this privilege--the rest get put away or thrown on the floor. Unfortunately, I've had this jacket for a few years now, longer than everything else on this list, and it's starting to wear away. You can see this the most on its sleeves. Because of this, I feel kind of like a hobo when I wear it. I don't want to give it up just because of that, nonetheless, I feel like I'll have to retire it soon. Gloria offered to make something else out of it, but I don't think that would be a good idea. I'd like to save it as it is, maybe take it out to wear only on special occasions. Or at least keep it as as a souvenir of my years in college.

1 comment:

No Thanks said...

Maybe I could sew up your jacket. I do have a new sewing machine, you know. And I intend to become a pro at the Arts of the Elderly.

I'm trying to think of any objects I have that I've attached any sentimental value to. I'll get back to you on that.

I hope this blog will last longer than your others!